Thursday, November 19, 2009

Menu helper and a good tilapia recipe

I've recently subscribed to a service called "You've Got Supper." It's based out of Richmond, Virgina, and is free, free, free. My kind of menu! They send me an email once a week with five recipes, and you can choose which ones you want to make and it generates a document with all the recipes, plus a grocery list. With Chris out of town a lot, I don't cook as many full meals as I normally would, and I eat a lot of leftovers, so choosing three or four dinner recipes for a whole week is plenty for us at this time.

I made YGS' Sear-Roasted Tilapia and Tomatoes last night, and it was really, really good, so I thought I'd share.

2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp capers, drained
2 tsp oregano tsp balsamic vinegar
4 tilapia fillets, 4 oz each
1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, toss together tomatoes, capers, oregano, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside. Dredge each fillet in flour. Heat olive oil in an oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the fish and cook until it browns (about 2 - 3 minutes per side). Add the garlic and then the tomato mixture around the fish and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 4 - 5 more minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. Serve with the tomato mixture on top.

This version obviously makes four fillets. I cut it in half and made two just for little ol' me :)

No comments: