Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another easy pasta lunch

As I've mentioned before on here, I'm big on pasta dishes for lunch that I can put together easily, either to take with me to work or when I come home for my lunch break.

Rather than do my traditional mix, I opted for a more vegetable rich take and really liked the end result!

Penne pasta (my go-to brand is Barilla Whole Grain - costs the same but it's half whole grains)
Yellow, red and/or orange bell peppers
Feta cheese (I like the feta that has some basil and sun-dried tomato in it)
Raw spinach
Olive oil
Kosher salt

Put two good handfuls of spinach in your bowl. Top with two good ladlefulls of pasta, sliced or chopped bell peppers and feta. Drizzle some olive oil on top, and sprinkle with kosher salt.

Microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute - just enough to warm the oil, melt the cheese a bit, and wilt the spinach. Stir and enjoy!

No comments: