Friday, January 23, 2009

Caramel Delight

serves 1-15 (depending on if Joanna's eating or not)

This is my favorite dessert of all time. If I only had one dessert I could eat for the rest of my life, this would be it. Really. If I get a craving, but don't want to take up a huge amount of space in my freezer, I'll make the crumb topping and store it in the fridge. Then (as long as I have caramel and vanilla ice cream) I can make an individual portion whenever I like. One of these days I might even get really motivated and make my own caramel sauce.


1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1 jar (6 ounces) caramel topping (my mom swears by Mrs. Richardson's)


Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and nuts. Stir in melted butter. Spread in thin layer on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown. Cool and crumble.

Put 1/2 of crumbs in 9x12 inch pan; drizzle with caramel topping. Cover with softened ice cream, then top with remaining crumbs. (And an extra drizzle of caramel if you're feeling dangerous) Freeze until firm

No comments: