Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hummus

makes about five cups

We love hummus. And this is some of the best we've had :) I highly recommend making it in advance; it need to chill for about two hours before you do a final taste test and add more lemon or salt.


2 cans garbanzo beans
1 cup tahini
lemon juice (I start with about 2-3 TBS and add more if I need to)
3-4 cloves mashed garlic (I end up with closer to 5 cloves)
salt to taste (I start with about 1/2 to 3/4 of a teaspoon)
olive oil


Drain 1 can of garbanzos. Dump both cans of garbanzos into a food processor; blend until smooth. Add in garlic and blend a bit more.

Put in a large bowl with tahini, lemon and salt. Mix well.

If you need to, you can add some warm water until it reaches the consistency desired. Or olive oil.

Refrigerate for several hours. Garnish with olive oil to serve.

No comments: