Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Skinner's Lasagna

serves 6-8

This is the lasagna recipe in my mom's cookbook. The same one on the box of Skinner lasagna noodles. If I'm making it just as a regular weeknight meal for our family, I make the whole recipe, but assemble it into two smaller pans (I use my 8x8 Pyrex for the one I'll be cooking that night and put the other half in my 11-cup Pyrex Rectangular Storage Plus** [because it has a cover]) and then put one in our freezer for dinner another time. I don't cook it before freezing. If it's been frozen, I take it out of the freezer to thaw and just cook it like the recipe calls for. It's my version of frozen lasagna.

I love this recipe. It's not difficult to make at all. Especially since you don't cook the noodles before assembling the lasagna. Plus, it tastes really, really good!


1 lb. ground beef
3 1/2 C. spaghetti sauce (28-32 oz jar)
1-1/2 C. water
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 C. shredded mozzarella
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1/4 C. chopped parsley
1/2 TSP. salt
1/4 TSP. pepper
9 uncooked skinner lasagna noodles


Preheat oven to 350.

In a saucepan, brown meat; add spaghetti sauce and water; let simmer for 10 minutes.

In a bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper.

In 13x9 dish, pour 1 cup of sauce on bottom. Place three uncooked noodles lengthwise on top of the sauce. Pour 1 cup of sauce over the noodles, then add half the cheese mixture over the sauce. Repeat noodles, sauce, cheese. Place the last three noodles on the top and pour the remaining sauce over the lasagna.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50-55 minutes.

Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes. (If you like it extra cheesy, you can top with extra mozzarella cheese at this point.)





**I did not know they had other sizes of that pan available! I'm a little too excited about that :)

No comments: