Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fluffy RIce and Chicken

serves four

I got this one from my mom’s cookbook that she made a few years ago for the family. She has a ton of recipes that I remember her cooking when we were young’uns. Most of them are really easy. Those are probably the two reasons this is one of my most frequently used cookbook. This one is super easy, super fast and leaves super leftovers if you’re only cooking for one or two people. ☺ I would recommend sprinkling a little milk or water on the leftovers before reheating so it doesn’t dry out.

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of milk
¾ cup uncooked regular rice
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Heat oven to 350°. Mix soup and milk in a bowl, reserve ½ cup of the mixture. In a rectangular baking dish (I always spray mine with Pam first), mix rice and soup. Arrange chicken breasts on top (not overlapping) and pour reserved soup mixture over. Cover and bake for 1 hour (I have in my notes that this is a little long. Check it after 40-45 minutes to make sure it’s not drying out.) Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.

This does NOT double. (I don’t know why. That’s just what Mom says in her cookbook.)

No comments: